Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What is 30 for 30?

I have reached a milestone birthday. This decade I begin my 30s and I am thrilled at what lies ahead. My life this far has been full and exciting. In The last 5 years I have been divorced, fell in love, moved to California, changed jobs, graduated culinary school, got engaged, married and wrapped it up with the birth of my son. Now that has been a full few years!

My Mom asked me what I planned on doing this year to top that off. I said I just wanted a year of down time. That being said down time can be boring so I have made a list.

The list contains 30 things/adventures to experience and accomplish in my year of 30. Some items are for self improvement, some are for self indulgence and all are for the greatest experience of life. I plan on documenting, photographing and sharing these experiences here.

The list...
1. Volunteer
2. Learn to play the mandolin
3. Visit a state I have never been to
4. Write a cookbook
5. Enter a contest
6. Read a best seller
7. See a legendary band live
8. Buy a pair of cowboy boots
9. Sing karaoke
10. Run a 1/2 marathon
11. Attend a festival
12. Can food
13. Learn to make wine
14. Host a fancy dinner party
15. Make a new friend
16. Paint a canvas
17. Participate in a church activity
18. Take a mommy and me class
19. Try a new cuisine
20. Get back to my pre-baby no pre-relationship weight :)
21. Write a meaningful letter to everyone I love
22. Visit a national park
23. Ride a mechanical bull
24. Get boudoir photos taken
25. Choose a charity to become an advocate for
26. Write a short story or poem and read it in public
27. Make a donation
28. Watch a foreign film
29. Make Roman a sibling (late on the list)
30. Blog 30 for 30

3 comments:

  1. I would most definitely like to help with #9 and a few others too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look forward to the journey, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not run a half-marathon in Kansas with a new friend. Afterwards you can have a fancy dinner party, watch a foreign film in cowboy boots!

    love it Jenn! So excited for you. If you need company on that half marathon....I know a gal.

    ReplyDelete